Friday, August 12, 2011

For Mikey and my loves, Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream Pie.

I don't know Jennifer Perillo. I've never met her or spoken to her. I've never shaken her hand or eaten a meal with her. It doesn't matter. When I heard that her loving husband, Mikey, suddenly died the other day, I was rocked. Their story is much like my own. They met at 17 (we met at 18). They have two little girls. Ditto. To lose a loved one is heartbreaking. To lose the one you love most of all, at such a young age, is a tragedy. Her words jumped out at me from my screen and broke my heart. "He is gone and my heart is shattered in a million pieces."

Jennifer blogged and asked that in order to honor Mikey's life, and those of the ones we hold closest to our hearts, to make a Peanut Butter Pie today. So I did. I don't have a springform pan at the cabin. I have no food processor or kitchen aid. But I have my girls, and my love of 16 years. So I made this, very messy, very sloppy, Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream Pie. For Mikey.



Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream Pie {easy peasy and made with love}
1 prepared Oreo Pie Crust
1/2 gallon of Vanilla Ice Cream
1.5 cups of Peanut Butter
Chocolate Sauce
Peanut Butter Chips
Chocolate Chips

Soften vanilla ice cream. Using a hand mixer, mix in peanut butter to softened ice cream. Pour into shell. Drizzle with chocolate sauce, sprinkle with chips. Freeze. Share with loved ones.

Xoxox
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment