Monday, January 31, 2011

Monday Meal Planning

This week we're eating:

Monday:
Pam Anderson's fabulous Salsa Verde Chicken with Herbed Cornmeal Dumplings

Tuesday:
Porkchops with Mushroom Bourbon Cream Sauce from Simply Recipes

Wednesday:
Chicken Florentine Style,  Giada Laurentiis

Thursday:
PW's Sherried Tomato Soup and grilled cheese sandwiches.

Friday:
I'm off for a Girl's Weekend!!!!!  So I'm guessing my husband will feed the girls mac and cheese and he'll eat leftovers and a salad.  If I was a better person I'd make a lasagna for them. But I'm not.

Yesterday, I finally made Marcella Hazan's famous, life-changing tomato sauce. You know the one that every food blogger in history has written about at some time or another.   I can't believe it took me so long to make it.  It is heaven and only three ingredients.  Anyone can make it.  It takes zero patience and not a ton of time.  Whole tomatoes, an onion, and butter.  That's it.  Oh, and salt to taste.  Jaden, from Steamy Kitchen, blogged about it here.  Deb, from Smitten Kitchen, blogged about it here.  Katie, from The Parsley Thief, blogged about it here.

This sauce is insanely good.  Make it today. You have the ingredients.  And if you don't,  you should.

Happy Monday!  My husband is coming back from Florida today after being away for 5 days.  Thank god he's almost home!  WHOOOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment