Monday, December 5, 2011

Five years ago today...a little girl was born.

Today is your 5th birthday! I can barely believe it. And yet, I look at you and can't believe you've only been mine for the last 5 years, I feel like I've known you forever.


You're the oldest little soul I know. Born of two artists who met their 3rd day in art school. Loved from the moment we knew you existed. You surprised us one day in early December, 3 weeks early!


I called your daddy from my office to tell him that I just didn't feel great. All my friends surrounded me that day, I don't think a drop of work got done. Your daddy came to pick me up. We hopped in a cab and zipped up town!


We had nothing w/ us! Just a camera. Daddy was even wearing a suit. He didn't even get to go home and change or bring me my bag before you arrived!


Your cheeks! They were the first thing I noticed. And your sweet little curly ear. You still have that little ear but the cheeks are disappearing more and more each day.


You looked so much like your daddy when you were born but now are changing into a little mini version of me. Drama and all. :)


Your big gray eyes and your little impish grin bring smiles to everyone who meets you. You amaze me, sweet girl.


Who thinks the things you do? Who says the things you do? No other 5 year old I know.


You are uniquely you, and you are perfect.


I love you with all my heart, even more.


More than all the stars in the sky and all the leaves on the trees..



Happy Birthday, baby!!!

xoxo
Mama


No comments:

Post a Comment