Thursday, December 29, 2011

Holidaze take 2 - New Years Menu and all that jazz

Turns out I'm a horrible blogger during holidays, birthdays and vacations. I should have known this. I have always retreated into our family during the holidays. My homebody tendencies kick into high gear and my time sitting in front of the computer shortens to quick spurts of time between meals and outings. The thing is, I could really use the quiet calm of writing during the madness. I need to remember this. New Year's resolution #1: Take time out for myself to write a little bit everyday, even if I don't post it. #2: Edit photos a little bit everyday. Because, I love it. #3: Cook something delicious every week. GIVEN. Sorry, that was a silly one. #4: Breathe.

It's nearing the end of our lovely stay at home vacation. BOO!! We've had such a sweet time. Going out to lunch and playing with all our new toys. We bought a new Smart TV. It's nuts! It's a little overwhelming and a whole lot of fun. Once again I feel like Jane Jetson without the robot maid and awesome flippy hairdo. And for the first time in history, we now have a TV in our bedroom. AHH!!! I'm not 100% sold on this. But we'll give it a go. I honestly might have to put a sheet over it before bed. That's a big screen staring at me. I don't want to get sucked in. I have books to read, people!

Even though I'm bummed that our vacation is almost over, we're ending it with some fabulous friends and ringing in the new year in our very favorite way. Staying in with loads of yummy food and drinks. Here's what we'll be eating. And next week, salads and water. And running, and yoga and a juice cleanse. Maybe.

New Years Eve Menu:


Spicy Whiskey BBQ Sliders

Crazy Feta

Caramelized Onion Dip

Blue Cheese and Olive Bread

Grilled Prosciutto Wrapped Figs Stuffed w/ Goat Cheese

Drinks:

Classic Champagne Cocktail

Soixante Seize (76)

I hope your holidays have been merry and bright. Here's to a fabulous 2012. Cheers, loves!

xoxo
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment