Monday, November 7, 2011

Monday Meal Planning {after 6 days without power}

Yup. That's right. 6 days! I survived on coffee during the day and wine at night. For reals. I can still smell smoke from the constant fire, in my clothes. The girls noses were red and runny. My husband got a sinus infection. I look like I aged 10 years. The dishes piled up. The laundry. Oh good god, the LAUNDRY!!! I'll be doing laundry for weeks. BUT. There's always a but, right? We had fun, at times. Everyone around us gathered together and survived the week. Friends huddled together for warmth and sanity. The kids got used to not having a tv and I got used to running back and forth from the car to charge my phone and ipad. Laptops were charged at friend's houses that had generators and we went out to eat at the same diner three days in a row. We did crafts. We snuggled. A lot. We survived. Halloween was officially canceled but we got together and went out anyway. We ate pizza by candlelight. I can now see in the dark. I have night vision eyes! And now that the power is back, I cook. I cook and cook and cook and cook!!! And so can you! Let's eat well this week, shall we?

Monday: Asian-Style Beef Short Ribs (crockpot)

Tuesday: BBQ Beer Chicken (crockpot)

Wednesday: Turkey Cranberry Monte Cristo

Thursday: Spaghetti with Artichoke Hearts and Tomatoes

Friday: Vegetable Enchiladas

Saturday: Orange Ginger Flank Steak

Sunday: Creamy Chicken and Brie Soup

Happy Monday!
xoxo
Erin

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for the link to my blog. It really is appreciated. I hope you have a great evening. Your menu by the way looks terrific. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete