Saturday, November 19, 2011

Thanksgiving Countdown: Sides (part 2)

Morning y'all. I don't usually post on Saturdays but we need to get this show on the road, so to speak.
Ok, so we have the Turkey and the stuffing. We have the appetizers and the desserts. The other day we talked about the first set of sides. Now lets finish with these. Choose from any, or all, of these awesome veggie side dishes, and you'll be DONE! That's it. WOOHOOO!! And yum.

Fresh Cranberry Relish
Trust in this relish. It's so insanely good. I smother my plate with it. I smother leftover, turkey terrific sandwiches, with it. It comes together in minutes and it can be made a day ahead of time. And even if you love the canned, jelly stuff, you might want to put this on the table too.

Sweet Chili Green Beans
These are not the green beans of Thanksgivings past. You might get the ole' side eye from your Crazy Uncle Pete, but make them anyway. Bacon, sweet chili sauce, ginger? I'm in.

Balsamic Braised Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta
I happen to love Brussels Sprouts. I mean really love them. Combine them with pancetta and balsamic and I just about fall off my chair. Perfection!

Whiskey Glazed Carrots
I don't love cooked carrots. Except for this recipe!! Ooohhh. They're like little discs of sweet, sweet love. I use bourbon, Jim Beam to be exact, because we're bourbon drinkers around here. So there. Make this!!!


We're done. That's a thanksgiving food wrap! I'll be putting together a cooking timeline and posting it tomorrow!

Happy Saturday!!
xoxo
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment