Friday, May 20, 2011

Just plugging along..

We're just trying to stay sane around these parts. The sun never shines (OK, it did for like 2 hours yesterday- it was glorious!) my husband is gone till Sunday, my children are losing their minds, ditto. I haven't made anything cool or cooked anything really awesome. What a bummer, huh? But today we're meeting up with a friend and her little one at the Maritime Aquarium, which the girls and I love. And then over to the infamous Burger Bar for lunch. So, that's a good thing. And I think we'll skip the pizza tonight and go straight to this Mac and Cheese. I definitely think baked goods are in order for the weekend. And maybe, just maybe I'll finally buy the ice cream maker I've been wanting and start churning. And if I'm getting the ice cream maker I obviously will have to get David Lebovitz's book, The Perfect Scoop. But then I know myself and I'm going to have to have these adorable insulated ice cream tubs to keep all my glorious ice cream in. It's a vicious cycle. 


OH! And I'm considering putting this recipe for Beet Risotto with Goat Cheese on the menu for the weekend. Because, yum. 


Happy Friday! 


-Erin  

2 comments: