Monday, May 16, 2011

Monday Meal Planning

I'm trying something new out this week. I'm cooking from the freezer (well that's not new) but instead of giving you a specific recipe for each day, I'm giving you a few different recipes for a few different types of dishes.

So here we go:

Monday: Skirt Steak. I found this lovely tutorial with a few yummy looking recipes over on Tasty Kitchen.

Tuesday: Pork Chops. This recipe for Pork Chops with Dijon Sauce looks really good. And I know that these Pork Chop with Mushroom Bourbon Cream Sauce are insanely good.


Wednesday: Ground Beef. Wanna know how to Shape Perfect Hamburger Patties? How about Mushroom and Swiss Sliders with Spicy Fry Sauce? Or Mini Meatball Sandwiches? I think these Italian Style Mini-Meatloaves look awesome.

Thursday: Flat-Iron Steak. I love Flat Iron steak. It's also sometimes called Top Blade steak. It's perfect for quick grilling and doesn't need a lot of time marinating to make it tender or to give it a lot of flavor. And it's relatively inexpensive. Bonus. All it really needs is a good sprinkling of kosher salt and pepper and a quick time on the grill. So instead of giving you a recipe for the steak, I'm giving you yummy recipes to go on the steak!

I love Chimichurri Sauce on steak. It's has a ton of flavor. Have you ever had Radish Truffle Butter? Granted, I love radishes and could eat them everyday, but it's so different and delicious on steaks. I've raved this Onion-Blue Cheese Sauce before, but I can't help it. It's so flippin' good!

Friday: Pizza. I love having Pizza on Fridays. It's a fun start to the weekend. Wanna learn how to grill a pizza? Here's a great tutorial from Simply Recipes. These are a few of our favorites. Fig Prosciutto Pizza with Arugula,  Caramelized Onion, Sausage and Basil Pizza,  Apple, Bacon and Onion Pizza and Margherita Pizza.


Saturday: Chicken BreastsChipotle Honey Grilled Chicken. Sweet and Spicy, yum. More Chipotles, more chicken. Chipotle Chicken Tacos


Sunday: PastaMac + Cheese (Lottie + Doof Style), there's Marscapone in this!! DROOL. Slurptastic Herb Noodles. Slurptastic is my new favorite word. Ramp Pesto!! I'm so excited about this recipe. I got the most delicious ramp pesto from the farmers market a few weeks ago. Can't wait to try this.


And a cocktail for good measure. Coconut Margarita with Salted + Toasted Coconut.


phew.


Happy Monday!


-Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment