Saturday, May 14, 2011

A Night Away

The husband surprised me with a little mini-break this weekend. A night at The Ocean House in Watch Hill, RI. Hurray for a night away! Friends said we should stop at the Jonathan Edwards Winery in North Stonington, CT on the way up. Twist my arm...


Jonathan Edwards Winery, North Stonington, CT




Connecticut Chardonnay. 


Perfect weather. 


The man surveying the land. He really does have a thing for stone walls. He can't help himself. 


Anyone know the name of the plant with the yellow flowers? Pretty please?


The Ocean House, Watch Hill, RI. Are you kidding me with this place?? Amazing. The original hotel was built in 1868. It was closed in 2003 and reopened last summer after an incredible renovation. 


My perfect bathroom. I love a huge soaking tub. I took three baths in less than 24 hours. 


I was seriously considering stealing this painting. I loves it. Look at that light!!! Not that I condone stealing of things from hotels. Except for Molton Brown bath products. And technically that's not stealing, right? Right??


What's with the tongue? I think this is a family trait. I do it, my husband does it, the girls do it. We concentrate and stick out the tongue. Weird. It's better than the other family trait which is to open our mouths REALLY wide when we get our picture taken. Close your mouth, Erin. 


Cigar on the dunes.



I honestly think every Saturday morning should start with room service. And french press coffee. I forget how much I love it. I used to make it all the time. I think a new french press might be in order. 


Even on overcast days, it's still gorgeous. And ginormous. 



This place is awesome. It's tiny and right across the street from the beach. 




Hot Butter Lobster Roll + Chowder. 




I took approximately 200 pictures of this guy in 24 hours. Poor thing. 
What's up eyebrow? He did good. I think I'll keep him...

2 comments:

  1. What a fun getaway! The painting over the fireplace was gorgeous, you should have taken it!

    Best,
    Emily from Nap Time Is My Time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ridiculously jealous of your night away! It looks amazing :) And OMG is the Big One her father!! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete