Sunday, February 27, 2011

Books, Books, Books.

I'm something of a book junkie. I need a serious book intervention. The Library just doesn't cut it for me. I'm a horrible book borrower. I'm pretty sure they have a picture of me behind the counter that says, "DO NOT LEND TO THIS WOMAN!" Oh, and I don't have a kindle. There are piles of books all over our house. It's the one thing I hoard, besides for canned goods. We leave for Florida tomorrow, and I just packed 4 books. HAHAHA! That's hilarious. But I packed them anyway! Here's what I'm bringing:


The Pioneer Woman: Black Heels to Tractor Wheels - A Love Story, by Ree Drummond


Life, by Keith Richards


The Opposite Of Me - A Novel, by Sarah Pekkanen


Gods in Alabama, by Joshilyn Jackson

I've been dying to read Black Heels ever since I heard that Ree was writing it. I read the first 10 pages and had to force myself to stop reading it. I even tried the old "book in the freezer" trick. It actually worked!

The second is for my trashy book club. Our meeting is two days after we get back from vacation. The book is about 600 pages long. Whoops! Oh well, it's more about the wine and food and the girls night out. The last book we read was, Here's the Story - Surviving Marcia Brady and Finding My True Voice, by Maureen McCormick. TRAIN WRECK!

The last two I read about over on JennsylvaniaJen Lancaster's hilarious blog. She did a Winter reading list post a few weeks ago and mentioned new books by both Sarah Pekkanen, and Joshilyn Jackson. Since I'd never read them before, I decided to order their debut novels. I'm so excited for these two! I love discovering "new" authors.

I highly doubt I'll finish them all. I'll be happy if I finish one! But I'll be damned if I won't try.

Happy Reading!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh dang if I'm not the worst book hoarder ever. They're gonna have to do an episode just on me. I've got 3 in progress and probably 5 more I've read part of.

    I need an intervention.

    I hope you finish at least one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading, too! Sadly, I haven't purchased many books in the past year, but I have been to the library every week, checking out random titles. Oh, my husband also bought me a Kindle for my birthday in January. I haven't bothered to open it, yet. I know. It's sad.

    I love reading on vacations! I am sure you'll be able to finish at least half of those books. The Marcia Brady one sounds like it will be entertaining.

    ReplyDelete