Thursday, February 10, 2011

Chicken Enchiladas and the Sandwich Addict.

I made the most amazing Chicken Enchiladas for dinner last night. Sam the Cooking Guy's Chicken Enchiladas. They rocked. They were easy and cheesy and sort of spicy, but mostly just good. The husband and I devoured them with some salsa verde and regular salsa on the side. And yeah, as Sam says, there's 2 cups of heavy cream in this recipe, just don't eat the whole pan yourself. We had a ton leftover and I knew I would give some to the girls for lunch today. Or, I would at least try. For the most part, the girls eat almost anything and everything that's put in front of them. I'm lucky, I know this. Here's how lunch went down this afternoon....

(taking a bite)

(not entirely sure)

("Um, can I have a sandwich, please.")

("SANDWICH!" - I'm scared of her too)

(that's what I'm talkin' about)

(ahhhhhh..)

Meanwhile....

(food)

(sour cream!!)

(this is the life!)

(enough with the pics, ok?)


And then, this happens. Everyday :)


These chicks are awesome.


Chicken Enchiladas

Ingredients:
3 cups shredded cooked chicken 
1 cup salsa verde
1 - 4 ounce can chopped green chilies
1-2 tablespoons chopped chipotles in sauce (more if you like it hotter - I used 1)
8 - 8 inch flour tortillas
1 cup chicken broth
2 cups whipping cream
1.5 cups Monterey Jack cheese, shredded

Directions:

Preheat oven at 350 degrees
  • 1. Mix first 4 ingredients in a bowl.
  • 2. Pour ½ the whipping cream in the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish.
  • 3. Pour chicken both in a bowl and one by one submerge each flour tortilla.
  • 4. Place approximately ⅛ chicken mixture in each wet tortilla and roll up.
  • 5. Place all 8 side by side in dish, sprinkle with cheese, and pour remaining whipping cream over top.
  • 5 Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.


Sam the Cooking Guy has a ton of great recipes that I love and make regularly. Check out his Barbequed Shrimp (no bbq required) and his Bruschetta, two of my favorites. 

Enjoy & Happy Thursday!


3 comments: