Tuesday, February 8, 2011

School Picture Disaster

What do you do when your 4 year old comes home from preschool with the worst school pictures in the history of school pictures? I mean, do you buy one for the sake of having a school picture? What if the picture makes your kid look like a slightly constipated, grey version of herself? One who's staring at the photographer with an utter look of disgust. I'm sure the photographer tried to tell a joke and my kid was like, "You call that humor? You stink." That's what the pictures look like. The class picture? Hilarious. That's a keeper. The kids look adorable and nuts all at the same time. The way 3 and 4 year olds are supposed to look. They're sitting behind one of those old school black signs with the white letters pushed into the felt. So, that's awesome. But the picture of her!!! What do I do? I feel guilty for not getting at least a wallet. On second thought, maybe I buy a 5X7 and frame it just to torture her later in life.

(these boots weren't made for walking)

What would you do?

2 comments:

  1. Ummmm...You must scan so we can all see! And I am incredibly jealous of the old school style class pic! In Lily's, she is the only one looking at the camera...All the other kids are staring off to the left...What was going on over there!?!?! Buy at least one so you have the memory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate school pictures and I tell my girls the truth.....this isn't good. I never feel guilty about not buying them. I think it bothers your mom b/c every year she asks me for one and seems disappointed when I tell her I didn't buy them.
    Don't give up....surely in all the years to come, you will have good one after good one. Those photography places are sooooo cheesey (sp?) The backdrops are horrible. Anna usually smiles like a frog : )

    ReplyDelete