Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Wanna keep your kids clean and green?

I try to use as many "green" baby and kid products as I can on my two very sensitive little people.  I've found a few products that I think work really well and that help to keep my kids rash free!

The Big One has some serious hair.  Not unlike her mama.  She has far surpassed the baby shampoo stage and has moved on to the kid's hair and conditioner stage.   My favorite so far is JASON Kids Only! Daily Detangling Shampoo and Conditioner.  I've found she freaks out the least when combing her hair after using these products.  That's a plus.

The Little One has really sensitive, eczema prone skin.  My favorite products for her are from California Baby.  I wrote yesterday about my love for the Calendula Cream.  I use their Calming Shampoo and Bodywash to not only to wash her hair and body but I put a tiny bit into the bath when I run it.  It seems to really help her dry, sensitive skin.  I use this for the Big One too as bodywash.  After bath I use their Super Sensitive Everyday lotion all over the Little One and then the Calendula Cream on her extra dry parts, usually her face and legs.  I can't tell you the difference since I've started this routine!!  She is far less likely to break out into a rash or have horrid red and rashy cheeks.

I've been known to use Boudreaux's Butt Paste to treat a diaper rash in a pinch, but I really prefer to make my own diaper ointment.  I've been making this since the Big One was in diapers.


Diaper Ointment
1 tube Lotrimin AF
1 tube A&D ointment
1 oz Maalox
enough corn starch or baby powder to thicken to a heavy paste

I keep this in a small container in the girls bathroom.  It really is a miracle paste! 


See, don't they look happy??


or sort of happy?

They're enjoying PW's Sherried Tomato Soup over brown rice.  Which was supposed to be for dinner on Thursday but I couldn't help it and made it for lunch yesterday. YUM!

Try some of the products and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment