Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Wanna not freak out your wallet?

Yesterday I posted some of my favorite new beauty products.  The luxurious line of goodies by Borghese that my husband got me for Christmas.  Today I'm posting a few of my favorite products that I buy for myself at the drugstore (or mostly likely, Target).  Oh, Target.  I'm so happy to have you in my life and rather thankful that you're a 25 minute drive in the wrong direction from the Big Ones school.  Otherwise, we might have to have an intervention.

Who doesn't want their skin to look instantly brighter, better, smoother?  Except for my little ones, I think we can all use a helping hand in that department.  I stumbled upon this gem a few years ago.  When the Boots line first came to Target.  It's the Boots No7 Instant Radiance Beauty Balm.  You put this slightly shimmery (NOT glittery) balm on after your moisturizer.  And you look more awake, slightly dewy.  And the best part is that it's only about $16 a bottle!  I use it before going out on the town. Which these days happens about once a month, so it lasts forever! HA! Ugh.

Eye Creams are expensive.  They're expensive if they come from a department store and they're expensive if they come from a drugstore.  Ho hum.  So far my favorite all around, purchase anywhere, eye cream is the Olay Regenerist Touch of Concealer Eye Cream.  It's around $19 a bottle.  This cream has a touch of concealer in it and really seems to hide those dark circles from sleepless nights.  And it de-puffs!  My one gripe is that it only comes in one shade.  Hey, Olay, you need to make this is more than one shade, k? Thanks!  Honestly,  I think any of the Olay Regenerist products are worth looking into.  I've never been disappointed.

For almost the same price, around $27, you could try Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado.  This is totally non-irritating and really creamy.

My favorite lip balm is Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil.  This smells amazing, feels amazing, and costs $3.  You can't beat that.  I have one in my purse, one in my car, and one in my kitchen.  I pink puffy heart this lip balm.

I tend to get horribly dry hands in the winter. And then, I found California Baby's Calendula Cream.  I first purchased this cream for the Little One and her eczema but quickly found out how great it works on my horrible hands.  When I get this cream out for my hands and the babe sees, she quickly runs over to get some on her cheeks!  If that's not a rave review right there, I don't know what is.  Plus it's around $12 a jar.  It's another one that seems to last forever and ever. 

And obviously I know what I'm talking about.  I mean, it doesn't get much hotter than this.

  
(Smokin')

Tomorrow I'll post some of my favorite "beauty" baby and kid products.  And later today, some easy recipes.   You will make friends with your Crockpots people, it'll save your sanity.  And considering the amount of snow and snowdays we've had up in these parts, (another one today!) I can use all the sanity I can get.

Happy Tuesday, kind of.

1 comment:

  1. California Baby Calendula Cream is AWESOME! Maddy has been struggling with eczema on her face for about a month, and despite aquaphor, lotions, etc., it's still there. I started using this yesterday in fact and VOILA - some relief! And no screaming. I had another "organic" cream I had tried a few times and it worked but it must have burned b/c she screamed with it. Not the CA Baby! YAY!

    ReplyDelete